There are many ways to go about finding this accountability, and one way that I found works well for me is to find a small group of people who check in with each other daily and list out what they have eaten (the good, the bad, the ugly). It works like magic. Seriously.
If you take it seriously.
It casts a spell over you that strengthens your resistence muscle. If you commit to 100% honesty.
I know what you are thinking. It's so worth it. You'll thank me when you are at a healthy weight.
(1) Go to the main page of the T. Colin Campbell Foundation's Ning thing: http://tcolincampbell.ning.com/
(2) Register to become a member.
(3) Once you are a member, click on "Groups" at the top navigation.
(4) One of the groups is "Healthy Girl's Kitchen."
(5) Inside our group is a discussion called "Accountability Forum."
(6) Introduce yourself and start logging your food (and thoughts) in the accountability forum.
If you are struggling with a sugar addiction, here's a recipe to pay particular attention to.
Banana soft serve defies all explanation. One could argue that it is the saving grace of the Plant-based epicurean world. I for one know that if there were not a replacement for soft serve ice cream, I just couldn't commit. Little do most people know, what we're eating is better.
Healthy Girl's Double Chocolate Banana Soft Serve
4 medium ripe bananas that have been frozen and broken into chunks
1 Tbsp raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
1 Tbsp ground flax seed (optional)
3/8 cup almond, soy or rice milk
2 Tbsp raw cacao nibs
Place bananas, cacao powder, ground flax seed, and nut milk in a high powered blender or food processor and blend, scraping down sides and tamping mixture down as necessary, until mixture resembles soft serve ice cream. Add cacao nibs and blend again until incorporated. Serve immediately.
Are you considering joining our accountability group? What thoughts are you having that are preventing you from doing it?